Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One week old

Man have our lives already changed forever in just one week.  Sweet Kamdyn is now one week old and she is such a good baby.  Kyler was truly the same way as a baby so I am not sure how we have lucked out so far! Just like Kyler, she eats, sleeps, and poops WELL! We have to wake her for her feedings most of the time, and especially in the night.  : )  Life is good! I LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to be home with her during the day while I am off on my six weeks of maternity leave.  I am still in such awe of this little girl who has stolen all of hearts.  In fact, I do believe she has stolen the hearts of everyone who has met her.  She smiles soooo often and I don't care what the researchers say, it is NOT always gas.  She is a happy little soul and we thank God for that. 

We had her one week old appointment yesterday and we were so excited and anxious for our pediatrician to get to see her.  Everything went great and in fact, she is already up to six pounds thirteen ounces, which we were all thrilled! He likes newborns to be back at their birth weight or over by two weeks...well we are over achievers! ; )  Kyler is still doing great with her.  I think he gets more comfortable each day with her, her size, and the idea of being a great big brother.  At first, he was not sure about holding her because he said "she is little" but now, he asks to hold her and he helps feed.  Still working on the diapers part! ha!

Our hearts are so full of love for each other and for our two precious children.  As I have expressed to so many people over the last week, God's plan is the most important plan in our lives.  We have to trust Him and we did.  His timing is perfect and He knows what is best for our lives.  Even though the road leading us to Kamdyn has not always been the smoothest, quickest, least expensive (ha!), or anything else, we traveled that road for her and we would travel it over and over and over.  We are again stronger for what we have journeyed through together in our marriage and in our family.  The struggles we went through for quite sometime to get Kyler here did the same thing to us.  That my friends was a huge reality check of me NOT being in control.  I had to give that up.  I have tried so hard this time, to make sure I was not trying to be in control and to let the big guy upstairs carry our load.  I do not think that our children are any more special or significant because they were brought here through IVF and adoption, BUT I do think that it makes us so much more aware of the need for us to listen to God and to follow our hearts and let Him lead us.  For the record...I really do think they are the most special but hey, I am their mother! : ) 






Life is amazingly great and yes, we just pretty much stare at her all day!! Wade is still off with me so we are truly enjoying our time together.  The funny thing as well is I have honestly always been fearful in a sense of having a girl.  I know what junior high is like and I was there as I was being raised...but let me tell you...I LOVE having our sweet angel girl.  I know it will not always be cloud hopping and smiles and rainbows BUT I have the faith and trust that Wade and I will do our very best to raise our wonderful children and always teach them about God's love for us and for others.  Our goal as parents is not to just raise healthy and happy children.  It is to make sure we raise them to be Godly people and to love God passionately and to love others.  With the joy and gleam in both of our children's eyes so far, God has done an amazing job of starting us out on our mission as parents.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, beautiful baby and such a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the smile on that sweet baby's face is so genuine and beautiful!! love the pics of ky with her. love seeing how easily you and wade are going from a family of three to a family of four. God is good!!!! -Christy

    ReplyDelete