Saturday, May 14, 2011

Home visit...SHOTS...WOOORRKKK????

Well there is something weird about the words "home visit" that still make me so nervous.  I know we are taking amazing care of Kamdyn and our house is safe and normal...well...haha.  You get my point.  But still, it is a little nerve wracking wondering what they are gonna ask and what opinions and judgments will be made.  Tomorrow is one of two final home visits before our adoption can be "finalized" in October.  I am not worried at all...but really it is just another emotional step in our whole journey.  The house is clean...as clean as it is gonna get so we are ready!!  So far the caseworkers from Gladney have been AMAZING and have given us no reason to worry!

On Monday, poor Ky has to have the dreaded, awful, horrible, no good, very bad four year old SHOTS! ahhhh! I let him know today...some might think that is cruel but my smarty pants son...you can not just throw something at him like that.  He needs time to process it and think it out.  Yes, he cried and yes he will cry on Monday but I wanted to go over the whole process with him.  When he said, "It's gonna hurt, isn't it Mommy?"  I told the truth.  I said, "yes baby, but just for a second."  We did the whole explaining about why they are good for you and how the shots will keep him healthy...well as smart as he is...he was not loving that at all no matter how "good" they are for him!  Wish us luck!!

Kam is going to be SIX WEEKS OLD on Monday!!! Which means...I go back to work on Wednesday.  :(  I am sooo not ready BUT it is just for a week and a half and then I will be home with BOTH of my angels all summer long.  I have enjoyed every second of being home, just like I did with Ky.  Like I was joking with a friend though...when you have to spend $20k on each of your children...you have to work to pay them off!!! ...and that was just getting them here!! Oh how it has been oh so worth it and we are so very blessed!! 

We are excited that the weather is warming up and ready for the pool to open.  In the meantime, we have had fun with water toys that Kyler got for his birthday.  Best presents ever!!! ...he even got two really awesome big boy swim suits!!! Needless to say, he will get A LOT of wear out of them.  Well here is to another wonderful day...I will let you know how the home visit and shots go!!! : ) 





No comments:

Post a Comment