Ok so it has officially been "summer time" from school since May 24th but I have been waaaaay too busy to post. You know, busy playing, swimming, resting, playing, hanging out...you get the point. : ) Well it is officially here and it is well under way. Kyler got to go to his very first EVER summer camp last week. He went to basketball camp at LCU for three hours each day for four days. HE LOVED IT! The camp coaches awarded a few campers and Kyler was awarded with a "good attitude" award. He was PuMpEd! (...okay so was I and very proud, too...) He asked what other camp he can go to so I am checking in to a soccer camp.
Sweet Kamdyn Grace is growing up soooo fast! Hard to believe she will be 14 months old tomorrow. She is so precious and so smart and soooo super funny! She is going to be in trouble a lot because of her smart thinking!! When we tell her "no" she just makes a funny face at us to get us to smile and when we give her "the look" she just grins with all seven teeth showing, laughs, and closes her eyes. Looking at her picture you are thinking, "not that sweet baby girl!" Oh yes, that sweet baby girl!! BUT oh we dearly love that sweet teeny tiny princess! She is talking up a storm and copying EVERYTHING big brother does and says. She has such a sparkle in her eyes and truly fills all of our hearts with much love and laughter.
Kyler also got to take a "mini session of swimming lessons. This was his first time taking swimming lessons and he is excited to take them again next year. He did so great! He is diving off the diving board and swimming to the side with no help and no floaties! Yup! Fun times!!
We are packing and getting prepared to leave for SOUTH PADRE ISLAND in six days!! We are all so very excited! I don't know who is more excited me or Kyler?!?!?! This will be Ky's second trip to Padre and Kam's first trip. Wade and I are looking forward to lounging with the kiddos on the beach and in our condo we rented on the beach.
Today was another big day for Ky man because he promoted to Kindergarten Sunday School and he moved from "Discovery Island" (pre-school church) to "Adventure Bay" where it is elementary age church. He loved it and made the transition well. Our children's pastor is amazing and she and her helpers made today awesome for Kyler. He has talked about it ALL DAY...which is a great thing!
Well I am loving being home all day with my babies and doing lots of playing, swimming, resting...and a little cleaning, cooking, and other fun house stuff. I even have had time to go to the gym and that felt GrEaT to workout with cardio and a little bit of weights ALL BY MYSELF and jam to some tunes. I tried a new thing yesterday, where I prepared all of my meals for the WHOLE week a head of time and all I have to do, is bake/cook it and prepare the sides each night. My "crispy pork chops" are in the oven right this very minute. I saw this on Pinterest (yes of course) and my sis in law tried it so I gave it a trial run as well. Her blog is http://5dinners1hour.blogspot.com/ and you make five meals in about an hour and then fridge/freeze them until you need them that week. This week that will give me more time to pack for our trip...and more time to play, rest, swim...you know the drill.
Thank you God for this much needed time off and break with my children. However, I have YET been able to go to the bathroom by myself yet, but I am sure that day is coming...or maybe not! lol : )




No comments:
Post a Comment