Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Five weeks from today...or maybe sooner!

Well exactly five weeks from today is the due date for our baby girl.  The birth mother is doing well and so is the baby.  Her due date is April 20th but I don't think she will go that long.  Maybe...maybe not! She will make her grand entrance when she is ready. : ) We have a calendar going for guessing her arrival date and my pick is April 11th, Wade's is April 10th, and the birth mother even guessed April 15th.  She is quite confident that her date is correct.  We do not care when it is, we just want her to be strong and healthy. 

On another note...Spring Break so far has been fabulous! I am sad that it is half over. : (  Kyler and I have played and relaxed and even gotten a few things done around the house that I have been wanting to do.  One HUGE thing we did is paint the nursery.  Everything is almost set and ready to go! I cleaned out closets, re-organized drawers, got caught up on Ky's three year old scrapbook, shopped, and even played at McDonalds today.  I love getting to spend all day with my Ky man! We are almost finished working on our new laminate flooring which I LOVE!! 

We truly, truly need prayers.  We are so hopeful in God's plan for our family and we truly believe we will be bringing home a baby girl soon, but the devil sure knows how to play on our insecurities.  I was stressing for a moment today and trying to get my mind re-focused when this verse literally POPPED in my head: Proverbs 3: 5 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." I needed to repeat that over and over in my head.  He will take care of us.  I am TERRIFIED of heart break again but we have to be hopeful and trust in HIM.  I am praying for that for us as well as strength to continue "the wait" over the next several weeks.  I am just so ready to look our little baby girl in the face and meet her and hold her and welcome her to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment