Sunday, March 13, 2011

Why I want to be brave...

I am truly going to try to blog more often for my friends, my family, and for me.  I think it is good to get feelings out on paper or on screen I should say.  : )  We are in the final weeks of waiting for our new baby girl to be born.  The birth mother is doing very well and things look good.  Technically she has six weeks to go until her due date, but no one thinks she will go until April 20th, which is the full 40 weeks.  We have made guesses on a calendar as to when we think she will arrive.  I am sure I will be right...and my guess is April 11th. : )  We got her nursery painted this week and we have almost everything ready to go!!! We are praying hard for the birth mother and for the baby that they continue to be healthy and we pray for a safe delivery.  We are praying for peace and patience on our parts...more my part than Wade's but we need prayers none the less.  We are so excited, anxious, nervous, happy, scared, and everything in between.  We know that God is good all the time and we trust in His plan, as we always try to remember to do.  I titled our new blog after Nichole Nordeman's song called "Brave."  The lyrics "you make me want to be brave" mean so many different things to me.  First and foremost, GOD makes me want to be brave.  He continues to provide for us and we trust in Him.  I can be brave and do my part that I can control.  Secondly, my amazingly Godly husband.  I want to be brave and strong for him.  He is such a rock for me and he truly is my soul mate and best friend.  Thirdly, my sweet Kyler.  I want to be brave for my precious and amazing son who is an enormous miracle and blessing to Wade and I.  Giving birth to him almost four years ago was one of the most amazing days in our lives.  Lastly, I want to be brave for our precious baby who we are going to adopt.  I want to be brave and trust in God's plan for our family.  I am strong.  I am brave.  But I am human and fall sometimes.  Thankfully our Lord is there to pick me right back up to continue to be brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment